Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $24.06
Motivate students with high-interest fictionfrom master authors Motivate struggling readers with high-interest storiesat ten reading levels Improve vocabulary and comprehension skills Encourage writing in response to reading One of our classic best-sellers,Goodman's Five-Star Stories, supplementsany literature curriculum or stands on its own by providing interesting fictionat just the right reading levels. Adapted well-known short stories bytraditional authors and newer multicultural authors entice even strugglingreaders with tales of adventure, derring-do, and surprise. Vocabulary incontext, cloze passages, and critical thinking exercises help readers improvetheir understanding of the narrative text.
Table of Contents
To the Student
The Short Story--10 Important Literary Terms
1. "After Twenty Years" by O. Henry
2. "A Man Who Had No Eyes" by MacKinlay Kantor
3. "A Service of Love" by O. Henry
4. "The Pen Pal" by Margaret Poynter
5. "Little Stranger" by Walter Henry
6. "The Crane Maiden" by Miyoko Matsutani
7. "Mammon and the Archer" by O. Henry
8. "One Throw" by W.C. Heinz
9. "And If Elected" by Lael J. Littke
10. "A Deal in Diamonds" by Edward D. Hoch
11. "The Missing Step" by Elizabeth VanSteenwyk
12. "Key Item" by Issac Asimov
13. "The Return of Lucio" by Manuela Williams Crosno