Table of Contents
I. IMPACT OF CULTURAL DIVERSITY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT.
2. The Changing Law Enforcement Agency: A Microcosm of Society.
3. Multicultural Representation in Law Enforcement: Recruitment, Retention, and Promotion.
II. TRAINING IN CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
5. Cross-Cultural Communication for Law Enforcement.
III. CULTURAL SPECIFICS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
7. Law Enforcement Contact with African Americans.
8. Law Enforcement Contact with Latino/Hispanic Americans.
9. Law Enforcement Contact with Arab Americans and Other Middle Eastern Groups.
10. Law Enforcement Contact with American Indians.
IV. RESPONSE STRATEGIES FOR CRIMES MOTIVATE BY HATE/BIAS.
12. Hate/Bias Crimes: Reporting and Tracking.
13. Hate/Bias Crimes: Investigations, Control, and Victimology.
V. CULTURAL EFFECTIVENESS FOR PEACE OFFICERS.
15. Police Officer Professionalism and Peacekeeping Strategies.
Appendix A: Multicultural Community and Workforce: Attitude Assessment Survey.
Appendix B: Cultural Diversity Survey: Needs Assessment.
Appendix C: Listing of Consultants and Resources.
Appendix D: Self-Assessment of Communication Skills in Law Enforcement: Communications Inventory.