Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Designed for an introductory course in educational measurement and assessment, at either the undergraduate or graduate level. Assumes no previous knowledge of measurement of statistics. DLC: Educational tests and measurements.
Table of Contents
I. THE MEASUREMENT AND ASSESSMENT PROCESS.
2. The Role of Measurement and Assessment in Teaching.
3. Instructional Goals and Objectives: Foundation for Assessment.
5. Reliability and Other Desired Characteristics.
II. CLASSROOM TESTS AND ASSESSMENTS.
7. Constructing Objective Test Items: Simple Forms.
8. Constructing Objective Test Items: Multiple-Choice Forms.
9. Measuring Complex Achievement: The Interpretive Exercise.
10. Measuring Complex Achievement: Essay Questions.
11. Measuring Complex Achievement: Performance-Based Assessments.
13. Assessment Procedures: Observational Techniques, Peer Appraisal, and Self-Report.
14. Assembling, Administering, and Appraising Classroom Tests and Assessments.
15. Grading and Reporting.
III. SELECTING AND USING PUBLISHED TESTS.
17. Aptitude Tests.
18. Test Selection, Administration, and Use.
19. Interpreting Test Scores and Norms.
Appendix A: Elementary Statistics.
Appendix B: Professional Journals for Locating Measurement and Assessment Articles.
Appendix C: Content Standards.
Appendix D: Standards for Teacher Competence in Educational Assessment of Students.
Appendix E: Test Publishers.
Appendix F. Selected Published Tests.
Appendix G. Taxonomy of Educational Objectives.
Appendix H. Relating Assessment Procedures to Instructional Objectives.