Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to new Google Chromebook photos that show you exactly what to do
Help when you run into Chromebook problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your brand-new Chromebook
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Chromebook or ChromeboxTM working just the way you want. Learn how to:
- Quickly set up your Chromebook or Chromebox, log in, and get productive
- Get comfortable with Google’s intuitive new Chrome Desktop interface
- Reliably connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet networks
- Use Google Drive to access files from your Chromebook or any other computer
- Securely share files with Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ followers or friends
- Play and edit photos, music, and video online
- Browse and search the Web with the Google Chrome browser
- Safely share your Chromebook with other users
- Get started with free or low-cost web-based office productivity software
- Build shared calendars, schedule meetings, and manage email
- Find great new apps for business, education, entertainment, gaming, and more
- Print to your printer across the Internet with Google Cloud Print
- Configure your Chromebook for maximum security and privacy
- Optimize your Chromebook’s performance and battery life
- Work and play faster with Chromebook’s built-in keyboard shortcuts
- Evaluate the new top-of-the-line Google Chromebook Pixel
- Troubleshoot and recover from frozen apps and other problems
CATEGORY: PC Hardware
COVERS: Google Chromebook
USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
Michael Miller is a prolific and popular writer of more than 100 non-fiction books, known for his ability to explain complex topics to everyday readers. He writes about a variety of topics, including technology, business, and music. His best-selling books for Que include Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Computer Basics, Easy Computer Basics, Using Google Advanced Search, Your First Notebook PC, Facebook for Grown-Ups, and My Pinterest. Worldwide, his books have sold more than 1 million copies.
Table of Contents
1. Unboxing and Setting Up Your New Chromebook
2. Getting to Know Your Chromebook
3. Using Chrome OS and the Chrome Desktop
4. Managing Multiple Users
5. Working Wirelessly
6. Configuring and Personalizing Chrome OS
7. Managing Files and Using External Storage
8. Using Google Drive to Store and Share Files
9. Viewing and Listening to Photos, Videos, and Music
10. Browsing and Searching the Web
11. Using Chrome Apps and Extensions
12. Working in the Cloud
13. Printing with Google Cloud Print
14. Using Google Chrome Safely and Securely
15. Optimizing Your Chromebook's Performance
16. Troubleshooting and Recovering from Problems