Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge working just the way you want. Learn how to
• Discover your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge’s most exciting new capabilities
• Master the quickest shortcuts for calling, texting, and browsing
• Customize your S7 to show what you want, when you want it
• Avoid unexpected data charges by making the most of Wi-Fi
• Use voice dialing, automatic call rejection, and other advanced phone features
• Organize your life with Contacts and Calendar
• Simplify email by running multiple accounts through one app
• Let Google Now be your personal assistant by performing tasks and retrieving information for you
• Never get lost! Use Google Maps–even if you’re biking, walking, or offline
• Find, retrieve, and play media: music, movies, TV, podcasts, books, and more
• Capture pro-quality images with the Galaxy S7’s amazing 12.0MP camera
• Share files and media directly with other devices via Wi-Fi Direct
• Transform your S7 into a mobile hotspot
• Store content and create safe backups in the cloud
• Sync your Galaxy S7 with your Windows PC or Mac
• Troubleshoot Galaxy S7 software, hardware, and accessories
• Link your Galaxy S7 to an Android Wear smartwatch
• Track your health goals and fitness activities with S Health
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to Samsung Galaxy S7 images that show you exactly what to do
Help when you run into Samsung Galaxy S7 problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your Samsung Galaxy S7
Craig James Johnston has been involved with technology since his high school days at Glenwood High in Durban, South Africa, when his school was given some Apple ][ Europluses. From that moment, technology captivated him, and he has owned, supported, evangelized, and written about it.
Craig has been involved in designing and supporting large-scale enterprise networks with integrated email and directory services since 1989. He has held many different IT-related positions in his career, ranging from sales support engineer to mobile architect for a 40,000-smartphone infrastructure at a large bank.
You can see Craig’s previously published work in his books Professional BlackBerry, My iMovie, and many other My series books that cover devices by BlackBerry, Palm, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, and Google.
Craig also enjoys high-horsepower, high-speed vehicles and tries very hard to keep to the speed limit while driving them.
Originally from Durban, South Africa, Craig has lived in the United Kingdom, the San Francisco Bay Area, and New Jersey, where he now lives with his wife, Karen, and a couple of cats.
Craig would love to hear from you. Feel free to contact Craig about your experiences with My Samsung Galaxy S7 at http://www.CraigsBooks.info.
All comments, suggestions, and feedback–both positive and negative–are welcome.
Eric Butow began writing books in 2000 when he wrote Master Visually Windows 2000 Server. Since then, Eric has authored or coauthored 26 other books. Those books include Addison-Wesley’s User Interface Design for Mere Mortals, Amacom’s How to Succeed in Business Using LinkedIn, Wiley Publishing’s Droid Companion, Wiley Publishing’s Google Glass For Dummies, Que Publishing’s Blogging to Drive Business, Second Edition, and Que Publishing’s My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
Eric lives in Jackson, California. He has a master’s degree in communication from California State University, Fresno, and is the owner of Butow Communications Group (BCG), an online marketing ROI improvement firm.
Table of Contents from previous edition:
Chapter 1: Galaxy S5 Essentials
Chapter 2: Understanding the Android/TouchWiz Interface
Chapter 3: Making the Phone Your Own
Chapter 4: Placing and Receiving Calls
Chapter 5: Managing Contacts
Chapter 6: Using the Calendar
Chapter 7: Browsing the Web
Chapter 8: Sending and Receiving Email
Chapter 9: Messaging
Chapter 10: Installing and Using Applications
Chapter 11: Using the GPS
Chapter 12: Playing and Managing Music
Chapter 13: Shooting, Editing, and Sharing Photos
Chapter 14: Watching and Creating Videos
Chapter 15: Using Voice Services
Chapter 16: Transferring and Sharing Files
Chapter 17: Synchronizing Data
Chapter 18: Securing the Phone
Chapter 19: Powering Other Devices
Chapter 20: Optimizing and Troubleshooting