Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Book + 2 Hours of Free Video + Content Update Program
My Microsoft® Windows® 10 for Seniors is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft. It includes a DVD with 12 FREE step-by-step video tutorials to help you learn to navigate and customize the new Windows 10 desktop.
In addition, this book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or added. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection. To learn more, visit www.quepublishing.com/CUP.
Special Notice: If the free DVD included in your book does not automatically start playing the videos when you put the DVD in your computer:
1. Go to Windows Explorer or File Explorer and locate the DVD Drive.
2. Open the DVD drive to see the files on the DVD.
3. Double click on the file named “start.exe”
The video files can also be accessed online once you register your book at quepublishing.com/register. Once you have finished registering, click on “Access Bonus Content” to view the videos.
Veteran author Michael Miller has written more than 100 nonfiction books and is known for his ability to explain complex topics to everyday readers. Michael wrote this book from the 50+ point of view, using relevant examples and coving all the most popular tasks. Miller will help you learn to:
Set up your computer with no fuss or aggravation
Get productive fast, even if you don’t have computer experience
Use Windows’ new touch features if you have a touchscreen device
Safeguard your privacy, and protect yourself from online scams
Find, install, and use easy new Modern apps
Display up-to-the-minute news, weather, and stock prices
Use new SmartSearch to find everything faster on the Internet
Discover reliable health and financial information online
Make free Skype video calls to friends and family
Use Facebook to find old friends and see what they’re up to
Store your pictures, fix them, and share them with loved ones
Read eBooks on your PC–even enlarge text for greater comfort
Watch TV or movies with Netflix, Hulu Plus, or YouTube
Enjoy your music, and discover great music you’ve never heard
Fix your own computer problems without help
The DVD contains 12 videos–approximately 2 hours total–that show you step by step how to perform specific tasks or illustrate specific features visually:
1. Connecting a New PC
Hands-on guide to making all the necessary connections -- speakers, mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB peripherals.
2. Getting to Know Windows 10
General tour of Windows 10 and most useful features.
3. Personalizing Windows
Presenting all of Windows 10's customizable interface features.
4. Making Windows Easier to Use
Examining Windows 10's Ease of Access features
5. Browsing and Searching the Web
Using the new Edge browser (and Google search engine) to browse and search the Internet
6. Protecting Yourself Online
Tips and advice for safe and secure use of the Internet and email
7. Sites for Older Users
Presenting the best websites for older users
8. Sending and Receiving Email
Sending and receiving email with Win10's Email app (and a little bit on Gmail, too)
9. Connecting with Facebook
Basic guide to Facebook for older users
10. Editing and Sharing Digital Photos
Using Win10's Photos app to manage and edit digital photos.
11. Watching Movies and TV Shows on Your PC
How to use Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and other sites to watch streaming video online.
12. Working with Files and Folders
Basic file/folder management.
I. Before You Get Started
1. Understanding Computer Basics
2. Performing Basic Operations
II. Getting Started with Your Windows PC
3. Using Your Windows 10 PC — If You've Never Used a Computer Before
4. Using Your Windows 10 PC — If You've Used Windows Before
5. Connecting Printers and Other Peripherals
6. Personalizing Windows
7. Using Windows 10 on a Touchscreen Device
III. Getting Productive
8. Using Software Apps
9. Finding and Installing New Apps
IV. Going Online
10. Connecting to the Internet — at Home or Away
11. Browsing and Searching the Web
12. Shopping Safely Online
13. Senior Living Online
14. Protecting Yourself Online
V. Keeping in Touch with the Ones You Love
15. Emailing Family and Friends
16. Video Calling with Skype and Google Hangouts
17. Connecting with Facebook and Pinterest
18. Storing and Sharing your Pictures and Movies
VI. Having a Little Fun
19. Watching Movies and TV Shows on Your PC
20. Listening to Music on Your PC
21. Reading Books on Your PC
VII. Keeping Your PC in Tip Top Shape
22. Working with Files and Folders
23. Making Windows Easier to Use for Seniors
24. Dealing with Common Problems