Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Directed primarily toward undergraduate CIS/MIS college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Using MIS shows how businesses use information systems and technology to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy. With a new edition now publishing each year, Using MIS, 6e, contains fresh, new, and current material to help keep your students up to date.
Note: this is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0133131149 / 9780133131147 Using MIS Plus MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133029670 / 9780133029673 Using MIS
0133049132 / 9780133049138 myMISlab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Using MIS
Table of Contents
I. WHY MIS?
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Collaboration Information Systems
3. Strategy and Information Systems
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
4. Hardware, Software, and Mobile Systems
5. Database Processing
6. Data Communication and the Cloud
III. USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
7. Processes, Organizations, and Information Systems
8. Social Media Information Systems
9. Business Intelligence Systems
IV. INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
10. Development Processes
11. Information Systems Management
12. Information Security Management
The International Dimension