More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 5/1/2014.
What is included with this book?
Charles S. Young is Associate Professor of HIstory, Southern Arkansas University
Table of Contents
Part I: Over There
1. Limited War Sets the Stage for the POW Odyssey
2. The Middle Passage: Life-Changing Horrors in the First Year of Captivity
3. Andersonville East: Communist Prisoners are Pressured to Defect
4. Welcome, Fellow Peasant: The Chinese Seek Converts
5. POWL: Prisoners of Limited War Languish as Propaganda Becomes a Substitute for Victory
6. The Failure of Chinese Indoctrination
7. The United Nations Command Withholds POWs
Part II: Over Here
8. Home to Cheers and Jeers
9. The Brainwashing Dilemma: Atrocity Reports Undermine Punishment
10. Prosecutions Rile the Nation
11. Target Mom: Disciplining "Misplaced Sympathy"
12. Missing Action: Hollywood Films Try and Fail to Fix Captivity
13. The Hidden Reason for Forgetting Korea
Conclusion: Two Wars, the Visible and the Cloaked