Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Wildly beautiful, this ancient land is one of the finest destinations for wildlife viewing in southern Africa, and its opportunities for adventure are almost limitless. Footprint’s Namibia Handbook will guide you from the red sands of the Kalahari to the sunken hulks resting on the striking Skeleton Coast, via the fascinating museums and buildings of Windhoek.
· Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including eerie ghost towns, unspoilt national parks, vibrant red sand dunes, skydiving, quad biking, and the awesome Fish River Canyon
· Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from exploring the lands of the nomadic Himba people to quirky seaside towns
· Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
· Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
· Full-color planning section to inspire travelers and help them find the best experiences
From spotting swift cheetahs to ballooning over the barren wildernesses, Footprint’s fully updated 7th edition will help you navigate this adventurous destination.
Originally from London, Lizzie has worked and lived in Africa for 14 years. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader on overland trucks, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo and is now something of an expert on border crossings and African beer. For Footprint she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania; has written the only country guide to Nigeria and the first city guide to Johannesburg for Bradt; is author of the AA Spiral Guide to South Africa and Africa Overland, a glossy look at the overland route from Nairobi to Cape Town, is co-author of the DK Eyewitness to Kenya, and has contributed to Turkey and Egypt for Rough Guides. She has written various online African destination guides for leading websites in the UK and US including Frommers, British Airways and World Travel Guide.net. When not on the road, Lizzie lives in Cape Town.