Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
THE FIELD'S MOST TRUSTED AND COMPREHENSIVE POCKET GUIDE TO TREATING COMMON AND RARE PROBLEMS IN NEWBORNS--EXPANDED AND UPDATED
"A copy of this reference should be kept readily available in the newborn unit. It is a potent learning tool for NCU students." -- Family Medicine review of an earlier edition
A true essential for twenty-five years, this streamlined pocket reference provides logically organized, quickly retrievable information on basic and advanced management techniques for the neonate. Featuring a convenient outline approach that puts key information at your fingertips, this quick reference covers everything you need to know about on-call neonatal problems, procedures, diseases and disorders, and pharmacology.
- NEW International editorial board
- NEW Chapters on therapeutic hypothermia, laryngeal mask airway, extravasation and infiltration, transillumination, transpyloric intubation, pain in the neonate, coagulation disorders, transient neonatal myasthenia gravis, pertussis, and tuberculosis
- NEW Full-color images of neonatal rashes and dermatologic problems
- NEW Immunization tables
- An "On Call" section presenting 34 common and serious patient management issues with guidelines for rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Cutting-edge strategies for management of specific respiratory syndromes
- One of the most comprehensive listings of neonatal medications available anywhere
- Valuable appendices, including Abbreviations Used in Neonatology, Blood Pressure Determinations, Isolation Guidelines, and more