Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
THE FIELD'S MOST TRUSTED AND COMPREHENSIVE POCKET GUIDE TO TREATING COMMON AND RARE PROBLEMS IN NEWBORNS--EXPANDED AND UPDATED
"A copy of this reference should be kept readily available in the newborn unit. It is a potent learning tool for NCU students." -- Family Medicine review of an earlier edition
A true essential for twenty-five years, this streamlined pocket reference provides logically organized, quickly retrievable information on basic and advanced management techniques for the neonate. Featuring a convenient outline approach that puts key information at your fingertips, this quick reference covers everything you need to know about on-call neonatal problems, procedures, diseases and disorders, and pharmacology.
- NEW International editorial board
- NEW Chapters on therapeutic hypothermia, laryngeal mask airway, extravasation and infiltration, transillumination, transpyloric intubation, pain in the neonate, coagulation disorders, transient neonatal myasthenia gravis, pertussis, and tuberculosis
- NEW Full-color images of neonatal rashes and dermatologic problems
- NEW Immunization tables
- An "On Call" section presenting 34 common and serious patient management issues with guidelines for rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Cutting-edge strategies for management of specific respiratory syndromes
- One of the most comprehensive listings of neonatal medications available anywhere
- Valuable appendices, including Abbreviations Used in Neonatology, Blood Pressure Determinations, Isolation Guidelines, and more