Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
I. THE FOUNDATIONS OF A NEW AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.
1. Democracy in the United States.
2. Establishing a Constitutional Democracy.
3. Federalism: Division of Power Among National, State, and Local Governments.
4. American Political Culture.
II. THE INGREDIENTS OF THE NEW AMERICAN DEMOCRACY.
5. Public Opinion.
6. Individual Participation.
7. Interest-Group Participation in American Democracy.
8. Political Parties.
9. The Media.
III. CAMPAIGNS AND ELECTIONS.
10. Electing the President.
11. Choosing the Congress.
IV. THE GOVERNMENT.
12. The Congress and Its Work.
13. The Presidency: Powers and Practice.
14. The Bureaucracy.
15. The Courts.
V. CIVIL LIBERTIES AND CIVIL RIGHTS.
16. Civil Liberties.
17. Civil Rights.