What is included with this book?
Supercharge the way you build business relationships—online and off!
Business success is all about connections, relationships, and networks! In New Business Networking , Dave Delaney shows how to combine proven offline business networking techniques with the newest social media—and make them both far more effective. Drawing on nearly 20 years of experience building great online and offline communities, Delaney offers easy step-by-step directions, plus examples from some of the world’s top relationship builders. You’ll discover little-known tips for reaching out more efficiently and more personally…great ways to meet your Twitter connections “in real life”…new ways to build your network before you need it, and make the most of it when you need it!
• Identify, research, and actually reach your best potential connections
• Create a personal landing page that builds relationships
• Grow a thriving LinkedIn network you can count on for years to come
• Use third-party services to supercharge the value of your Twitter feed
• Encourage people to engage more deeply with you on Facebook
• Make powerful new connections through Google+ and Google Hangouts
• Use fast-growing networking tools like Instagram, Eventbrite, Rapportive, Evernote, Plancast, Meetup, Batchbook, Highrise, and Nimble
• Organize in-person events that work—and find sponsors to pay for them
• Listen and converse better, and remember more of what you hear
• Avoid oversharing and other social media faux pas
• Transform your business card into a powerful agent on your behalf
• Nurture and deepen the relationships you’ve worked so hard to create
Dave Delaney is a recognized leader, consultant, and speaker on digital marketing, social media strategy, and business networking.
Delaney began his career in marketing, promotions, and publicity in Toronto, Ontario, Canada working in performing arts publicity and marketing, newspaper promotions, and broadcast television marketing. In Nashville, Tennessee, his career switched to technology-focused companies where he managed digital marketing efforts focusing on social media strategy and execution.
He hosted one of the first parenting podcasts from 2005[nd]2008, and he has been blogging for nearly a decade.
Dave co-founded two annual unconferences, PodCamp Nashville and BarCamp Nashville. He has also launched two monthly networking events, Nashcocktail and Geek Breakfast. The latter now has chapters across the United States, Canada, South Africa, and Australia.
In July 2012, Delaney was selected by Billboard Magazine as a digital marketing expert to follow. Dave Delaney has appeared in technology stories in USA Today, Billboard Magazine, Globe & Mail, Nashville Business Journal, The Tennessean, and Mashable.
Delaney frequently speaks at private events, functions, and public conferences. Engagements include South by Southwest Interactive, Social Media Club Nashville, American Marketing Association Nashville, Interlogix Partners Conference, Killer Tribes, Explore, PodCamp Toronto, BarCamp Nashville, and PodCamp Nashville.
1. Do Your Homework
2. It Starts with a Coffee
3. Your Home on the Web Needs More Than a Welcome Mat
4. Growing Your Network Before You Need It: LinkedIn
5. Make New Friends and Keep the Old Ones: Twitter
6. One Billion People Can’t Be Wrong: Facebook
7. Still Growing and One to Watch: Google Plus
8. If You Build It, They Will Come: Organizing Events
9. Listen Better. Remember More
10. Business Cards That Don't Suck and When to Use Them
11. We Live and Die by our Database
12. Without Relationships, We Are Nothing