Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
This access code card gives you access to all of MyCommunicationLab's tools and resources. Want a complete eText of your textbook, too? Buy immediate access to MyCommunicationLab with Pearson eText online with a credit card at www.mycommunicationlab.com.
A strategic approach to public speaking
Public Speaking: Strategies for Success is based on the premise that successful public speaking is strategic. Critical thinking and strategic planning are emphasized throughout the text. David Zarefsky, one of today's leading scholars in speech communication, encourages students to think through and about the public speaking process. Zarefsky urges students to consider the diversity of audiences, occasions, and speakers and to choose a specific purpose, a relevant topic, and the appropriate material to make their speeches successful.
Because public speaking is situation-specific, the author stresses the integration of theory and practice throughout the text. Students learn how to develop and apply strategies for speaking situations they will encounter throughout the rest of their lives.
MyCommunicationLab is an integral part of the Zarefsky program. Key learning applications include MediaShare, assessment and sample speeches.
This text is available in a variety of formats — digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through Pearson’s MyLab products, CourseSmart, Amazon, and more. To learn more about our programs, pricing options and customization, click the Choices tab.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning–MyCommunicationLab is online learning. MyCommunicationLab engages students through personalized learning and helps instructors from course preparation to delivery and assessment.
- Improve Critical Thinking–Practical applications of critical thinking skills are emphasized throughout.
- Engage Students–Challenging cases and examples encourage students to apply what they have learned.
- Apply Ethics–Features throughout the book reflect the view that ethical issues are involved in every aspect of public speaking.
- Support Instructors–A full set of supplements, including MyCommunicationLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.