Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Next Generation Grammar seamlessly blends course work and online content to optimize instruction and provide a 21st century learning experience that will engage and motivate learners.
In class = Teacher directed
Thematic lessons, concise presentations and meaningful communicative activities integrate skills with grammar.
Online = Student directed
Dynamic practice activities and rich feedback support instruction…whenever, wherever. Also includes a Grammar Coach for quick, engaging review in a student-friendly video format. Ongoing assessment allows teachers to track progress and students to monitor their learning.
The four-level series includes:
- Course book available in print or eText format.
- ActiveTeach, a powerful electronic resource for exciting whole-class teaching — allows instructors to project course book pages, play video and audio, and create annotations. Also includes teaching notes.
Table of Contents
Unit 1 Back to School
Chapter 1 Welcome, Students!
Chapter 2 The Class of 2016
Unit 2 A Day in the Life
Chapter 3 Journal Writing
Chapter 4 Blogging
Unit 3 Where in the World?
Chapter 5 Mapping It Out
Chapter 6 Traveling Through Time
Unit 4 English Fun
Chapter 7 Proverbs
Chapter 8 Changing Language
Unit 5 Generations
Chapter 9 Different Points of View
Chapter 10 Generational Differences
Unit 6 We’re Cooking Now
Chapter 11 Culinary Science
Chapter 12 Around the Global Dinner Table
Unit 7 The Future is Coming Soon
Chapter 13 My Future
Chapter 14 Our Future
Unit 8 Architecture
Chapter 15 House and Climate
Chapter 16 International Designs
Unit 9 Hidden History
Chapter 17 Uncovering the Past
Chapter 18 City of Angels
Unit 10 Pathways
Chapter 19 Their Stories
Chapter 20 Intersecting Lives
A Spelling rules for -s endings on regular plural nouns
B Spelling of irregular plural
C Pronunciation and spelling rules for final -s on verbs with he, she, it subjects
D Subject pronouns, object pronouns, and possessive adjectives
E Spelling rules for -ing endings
F Non-action verbs: Verbs not commonly used in progressive tenses
G Noncount nouns
H Spelling rules for comparative adjectives
I Spelling rules for -ed endings
J Verbs with irregular simple past formsK World Map