You own a Nikon DSLR, but which Nikon (Nikkor) lens is best for your shooting style and your budget? This guide by pro photographer Jerod Foster will help you learn the features of Nikon lenses to capturevthe stunning pictures you want for a price that matches your needs.
Foster starts with the basics of using lenses in the Nikon lineup–from kit, to prime, to wide angle, to telephoto, to zoom, and more. Whether it’s portraits, landscapes, sports, travel, or night photography, you will have a better understanding of the different Nikon lenses and your choices for investing in them. In this guide you will:
- Master the key camera features that relate to lenses–depth of field, perspective, and vibration reduction
- Learn the difference between full frame versus cropped sensors and how they affect specific lenses
- Understand best practices for maintaining your lenses and for taking better pictures
- Accessorize your Nikon lenses with lens rigs, extenders, and other add-on equipment
- Minimize lens flaws such as distortion and chromatic aberration in post processing with Lightroom
- Grasp all the concepts and techniques as you go, with assignments at the end of every chapter
Beautifully illustrated with large, compelling photos, this book for beginning-to-intermediate digital photographers will help you get the image you want every time you pick up your camera. And once you have the shot, show it off and join the book’s flickr group: www.flickr.com/groups/nikonlenses_fromsnapshotstogreatshots.