180 day subscription
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THE ROLE OF THE NURSING ASSISTANT
1. Introduction to Health Care
2. The Nursing Assistant
3. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
4. Relating to Your Patients
PART TWO: SAFETY FOR THE PATIENT AND THE NURSING ASSISTANT
5. Infection Control
6. Environmental Safety, Accident Prevention, and Disaster Plans
7. Emergency Situations
PART THREE: BASIC NURSING SKILLS
8. Body Systems and Common Diseases
9. Vital Signs
10. Positioning, Moving, and Ambulation
11. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge
12. The Patient’s Environment
13. Hygiene and Grooming
14. Special Skin Care
16. Elimination Needs
17. Specimen Collection and Testing
18. AM and PM Care
19. Restorative Care and Rehabilitation
PART FIVE: SPECIALIZED CARE PROCEDURES
20. Additional Patient Care Procedures
21. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
22. Subacute Care
23. Special Skills in Long-Term Care
24. Death and Dying