The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Written specifically for dental hygiene students, this text provides a solid foundation in basic nutrition and diet information, emphasizes the relationship between nutrition and diet to oral health, and provides information on nutrition and dietary patient counseling. Nutrition is a required subject of study for all dental hygiene students, and is tested on the National Board Exam.
Table of Contents
Section I: Introduction
1. Eating 101
Section II: Major Nutrients
2. Carbohydrates 3. Protein 4. Lipids 5. Vitamins 6. Minerals 7. Water 8. Dietary and Herbal Supplements
Section III: Relationship of Nutrition to Oral Disease
9. Diet and Dental Caries 10. Diet, Nutrition, and Periodontal Disease
Section IV: Food Guidelines
11. Choosing Foods Wisely 12. Reading Labels
Section V: Food for Growth
13. Nutrient Needs for Development, Growth, And Maintenance Of Oral Structures 14. Dietary Considerations For The Lifecycle
Section VI: Nutritional Counseling
15. Eating Disorders 16. Nutritional Counseling 17. Nutritional Counseling for Special Patient Groups