Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. What is Nutrition?
2. Tools for Healthy Eating
3. Basics of Digestion
4. Carbohydrates: Sugars, Starches and Fiber
5. Fats, Oils and Other Lipids
6. Proteins and Amino Acids
8. Minerals and Water
10. Weight Management and Energy Balance
11. Nutrition and Fitness
12. Consumerism: From Farm to Table
13. Food Safety
14. Hunger at Home and Abroad
15. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy through Infancy
16. Life Cycle Nutrition: Toddlers through the Later Years
Appendices: Calculations and Conversions; U.S. Exchange Lists for Meal Planning; Organizations and Resources