Occupational Safety and Health for Technologists, Engineers, and Managersby Goetsch, David L.
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Only three copies
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part 1 Historical Perspective and Overview
1. Safety and Health Movement, Then and Now
2. Accidents and Their Effects
3. Theories of Accident Causation
4. Roles and Professional Certifications for Safety and Health Professionals
5. Safety, Health, and Competition in the Global Marketplace
Part 2 Laws and Regulations
6. The OSH Act, Standards, and Liability
7. Workers’ Compensation
8. Accident Investigation and Reporting
9. Product Safety and Liability
Part 3 The Human Element
10. Ergonomic Hazards: Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) and Cumulative Trauma Disorders
11. Stress and Safety
12. Safety and Health Training
13. Violence in the Workplace
Part 4 Hazard Assessment, Prevention, and Control
14. Mechanical Hazards and Machine Safeguarding
15. Falling, Impact, Acceleration, Lifting, and Vision Hazards
16. Hazards of Temperature Extremes
17. Pressure Hazards
18. Electrical Hazards
19. Fire Hazards and Life Safety
20. Industrial Hygiene and Confined Spaces
21. Radiation Hazards
22. Noise and Vibration Hazards
23. Computers, Automation, and Robots
24. Blood borne Pathogens in the Workplace
Part 5 Management of Safety and Health
25. Preparing for Emergencies and Terrorism
26.Ethics and Safety
27.Hazard Analysis Prevention and Safety Management
28. Promoting Safety
29.Environmental Safety and ISO 14000 (Environmental Management)
30.Total Safety Management in a Quality Management Setting
31. Establishing a Safety-Friendly Corporate Culture