Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
PART I - FUNDAMENTALS OF THE OFFSHORE TRUST
1. Introduction - The Place of the Offshore Trust in the Offshore Financial Centre
2. Anatomy and Functions of the Offshore Trust
3. Special Trust Vehicles
4. The Role and Powers of the Offshore Protector
5. Questions of Legitimacy and the Offshore Trust
6. Acceptance of the Offshore Trust
PART II - CHALLENGES TO THE OFFSHORE TRUST AND COMMON PITFALLS TO AVOID
7. Disclosure and Confidentiality Obligations
8. The Offshore Trust as a Sham
9. The Law on Fraudulent Conveyances and the Offshore Trust
10. Duties of Trustees in Managing Offshore Trusts
11. Liability of Third Parties to the Trust
12. Liability of Directors of Offshore Corporate Trustees
PART III - THE OFFSHORE TAX FUNCTION
13. Responses to the Tax Function of Offshore Trusts
14. Overview of Statutory Tax Countermeasures against Offshore Trusts
15. Judicial Engineering of the Tax Function of Offshore Trusts
16. Bilateral Routes to the Tax Function and the Question of Sovereignty
17. Duties of Offshore Trustees in Relation to Tax
PART IV - THE CONFLICT OF LAWS AND THE OFFSHORE TRUST
18. Transplanting the Common Law Trust - Conflict of Laws and the Acceptance of the Offshore Trust
19. Jurisdiction over the Offshore Trust
20. The Proper Law of the Offshore Trust
21. Recognition of the Offshore Trust in Civil Law Countries
22. Rights to Succession - Forced Heirs and the Offshore Trust
23. Capacity to Create the Offshore Trust and Initial Transfers of Assets
24. The Non-Enforcement of Foreign Judgments under Offshore Trust Law