Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
UNIT 1: Contemporary Maternal-Newborn Nursing
1. Current Issues in Maternal-Newborn Nursing
2. Care of the Family in a Culturally Diverse Society
3. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
UNIT 2: Women’s Health
4. Health Promotion of Women Across the Lifespan
5. Women's Health: Family Planning
6. Women's Health: Commonly Occurring Infections
7. Women's Health Problems
8. Women's Care: Social Issues
9. Violence Against Women
UNIT 3: Human Reproduction
10. The Reproductive System
11. Conception and Fetal Development
12. Special Reproductive Concerns: Infertility and Genetics
UNIT 4: Pregnancy
13. Preparation for Parenthood
14. Physical and Psychologic Changes of Pregnancy
15. Antepartum Nursing Assessment
16. The Expectant Family: Needs and Care
17. Adolescent Pregnancy
18. Maternal Nutrition
19. Pregnancy at Risk: Pregestational Problems
20. Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Onset
21. Assessment of Fetal Well-Being
UNIT 5: Birth
22. Processes and Stages of Labor and Birth
23. Intrapartum Nursing Assessment
24. The Family in Childbirth: Needs and Care
25. Pain Management During Labor
26. Childbirth at Risk: Prelabor Complications
27. Childbirth at Risk: Labor-Related Complications
28. Birth-Related Procedures
UNIT 6: The Newborn
29. Physiologic Responses of the Newborn to Birth
30. Nursing Assessment of the Newborn
31. The Normal Newborn: Needs and Care
32. Newborn Nutrition
33. The Newborn at Risk: Conditions Present at Birth
34. The Newborn at Risk: Birth-Related Stressors
UNIT 7: Postpartum
35. Postpartum Family Adaptation and Nursing Assessment
36. The Postpartum Family: Needs and Care
37. Home Care of the Postpartum Family
38. Grief and Loss in the Childbearing Family
39. The Postpartum Family at Risk
A. Common Abbreviations in Maternal-Newborn and Women’s Health Nursing
B. Conversions and Equivalents
C. Spanish Translations of English Phrases
D. Guidelines for Working with Deaf Clients and Interpreters
E. Sign Language for Healthcare Professionals
F. Actions and Effects of Selected Drugs During Breastfeeding