Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Graham Priest was educated at St. John's College, Cambridge, and the London School of Economics. He has held professorial positions at a number of universities in Australia, the UK, and the USA. He is well known for his work on non-classical logic, and its application to metaphysics and the history of philosophy.
Table of Contents
Preface: What One Needs to Know
Part I: Unity
1. Gluons and their Wicked Ways
2. Identity and Gluons
3. Form, Universals, and Instantiation
4. Being and Nothing
5. A Case of Mistaken Identity
Part II: In Plato's Trajectory
6. Enter Parmenides: Mereological Sums
7. Problems with the Forms--and their Solutions
8. The One--and the Others
9. In Search of Falsity
10. Perception, Intentionality, and Representation
Part III: Buddhist Themes
11. Absence of Self, and the Net of Indra
12. Embracing the Groundlessness of Things
13. The World, Language, and their Limits
14. Peace of Mind