Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Operations Managementby Heizer, Jay; Render, Barry
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
For undergraduate Operations Management courses.
A broad, practical introduction to operations, reinforced with an extensive collection of practice problems.
Operations Management presents a broad introduction to the field of operations in a realistic and practical manner, while offering the largest and most diverse collection of problems on the market. The problems found in this text also contain ample support—found in the book’s solved-problems, worked examples, and myomlab, Pearson’s new online homework and tutorial system—to help students complete and understand assignments even when they’re not in class.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0133130762 / 9780133130768 Operations Management Plus NEW MyOmLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
013292062X / 9780132920629 NEW MyOMLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Operations Management
0132921146 / 9780132921145 Operations Management
Table of Contents
Part I. Introduction to Operations Management
1. Operations and Productivity
2. Operations Strategy in a Global Environment
3. Project Management
Part II. Designing Operations
5. Design of Goods and Services
S5. Sustainability in the Supply Chain
6. Managing Quality
S6. Statistical Process Control
7. Process Strategy
Capacity and Constraint Management
8. Location Strategies
9. Layout Strategies
10. Human Resources, Job Design, and Work Measurement
Part III. Managing Operations
11. Supply-Chain Management
S11. Supply-Chain Analytics
12. Inventory Management
13. Aggregate Planning and S&OP
14. Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and ERP
15. Short-Term Scheduling
16. Just-in-Time, TPS, and Lean Operations
17. Maintenance and Reliability
Part IV. Business Analytic Modules
A. Decision-Making Tools
B. Linear Programming
C. Transportation Models
D. Waiting-Line Models
E. Learning Curves
1. Statistical Tools for Managers
2. Acceptance Sampling
3. The Simplex Method of Linear Programming
4. The MODI and VAM Methods of Solving Transportation Problems
5. Vehicle Routing and Scheduling