Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Were you looking for the book with access to MyOMLab? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyOMLab. Buy Operations Management with MyOMLab access card 7e (ISBN 9780273776291) if you need access to the MyLab as well, and save money on this brilliant resource.
Operations management is important, exciting, challenging … and everywhere you
• Important, because it enables organisations to provide services and products
that we all need
• Exciting, because it is central to constant changes in customer preference,
networks of supply and demand, and developments in technology
• Challenging, because solutions must be must be financially sound, resource-
efficient, as well as environmentally and socially responsible
• And everywhere, because in our daily lives, whether at work or at home, we all
experience and manage processes and operations.
‘Operations Management’ focuses on the sustainable and socially responsible imperatives
of operations management, using over 120 cases and illustrations of real-life operations
around the world, including Apple, Médecins Sans Frontières, Amazon, Ecover,
Dyson, Disneyland Paris, Google, The North Face, and many more.
Need extra support?
This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyOMLab.
This title can be supported by MyOMLab, an online homework and tutorial system which can be used by students for self-directed study or fully integrated into an instructor's course.
You can benefit from MyOMLab at a reduced price by purchasing a pack containing a copy of the book and an access card for MyOMLab: Operations Management with MyOMLab access card 6e (ISBN 9780273776291). Alternatively, buy access to MyOMLab and the eText – an online version of the book - online at www.myomlab.com.
For educator access, contact your Pearson Account Manager. To find out who your account manager is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
Table of Contents
Guide to ‘operations in practice’, examples, short cases and case studies
Making the most of this book and MyOMLab
To the Instructor
To the Student
Ten steps to getting a better grade in operations management
About the authors
Part One INTRODUCTION
1 Operations management
2 Operations performance
3 Operations strategy
Part Two DESIGN
4 Process design
5 Innovation and design in services and products
6 Supply network design
Supplement to Chapter 6 – Forecasting
7 Layout and ﬂow
8 Process technology
9 People, jobs and organization
Supplement to Chapter 9 – Work study
Part Three DELIVER – PLANNING AND CONTROL
10 The nature of planning and control
11 Capacity management
Supplement to Chapter 11 – Analytical queuing models
12 Inventory planning and control
13 Supply chain management
14 Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
Supplement to Chapter 14 – Materials requirements planning (MRP)
15 Lean synchronization
16 Project management
17 Quality management
Supplement to Chapter 17 – Statistical process control (SPC)
Part Four IMPROVEMENT
18 Operations improvement
19 Risk management
20 Organizing for improvement
Part Five CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
21 Operations and corporate social responsibility (CSR)
Notes on chapters