Lavishly illustrated, comprehensive in scope, and easy to use, the second edition of Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery guides you to mastery of every surgical procedure you’re likely to perform – while also providing a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications, and what outcomes to expect. More than 800 global experts take you step by step through each procedure, and 13,000 full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings clearly demonstrate how to perform the techniques. Extensive use of bulleted points and a highly templated format allow for quick and easy reference across each of the four volumes.
- Find highly illustrated, expert guidance for virtually any orthopaedic procedure you’re likely to perform.
- Stay up to date with the most current procedures – more than 50 procedures are new to this edition!
- Quickly review the relevant trauma or pathophysiology before viewing step-by-step coverage of the procedure.
- Easily locate and remember information thanks to bullet points, a highly templated format, and a graphic-rich presentation.
- Get easy-to-follow details on orthopaedic procedures involving all joints, as well as sports medicine, pediatrics, the spine, and orthopaedic oncology.
- Benefit from a consistent approach to each procedure that makes reference quick and easy: definition, anatomy, physical exams, pathogenesis, natural history, physical findings, imaging and diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, non-operative management, surgical management, perils and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Access an updated web-based version, now featuring easier navigation and search capabilities.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use