Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
For graduate courses in business, economics, financial mathematics, and financial engineering; for advanced undergraduate courses with students who have good quantitative skills; and for practitioners involved in derivatives markets
Practitioners refer to it as “the bible;” in the university and college marketplace it’s the best seller; and now it’s been revised and updated to cover the industry’s hottest topics and the most up-to-date material on new regulations. Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives by John C. Hull bridges the gap between theory and practice by providing a current look at the industry, a careful balance of mathematical sophistication, and an outstanding ancillary package that makes it accessible to a wide audience. Through its coverage of important topics such as the securitization and the credit crisis, the overnight indexed swap, the Black-Scholes-Merton formulas, and the way commodity prices are modeled and commodity derivatives valued, it helps students and practitioners alike keep up with the fast pace of change in today’s derivatives markets.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- NEW! Available with a new version of DerivaGem software—including two Excel applications, the Options Calculator and the Applications Builder
- Bridges the gap between theory and practice—a best-selling college text, and considered “the bible” by practitioners, it provides the latest information in the industry
- Provides the right balance of mathematical sophistication—careful attention to mathematics and notation
- Offers outstanding ancillaries toround out the high quality of the teaching and learning package
Table of Contents
2. Mechanics of Futures Markets
3. Hedging Strategies Using Futures
4. Interest Rates
5. Determination of Forward and Futures Prices
6. Interest Rate Futures
8. Securitization and the Credit Crisis of 2007
9. OIS Discounting, Credit Issues, and Funding Costs
10. Mechanics of Options Markets
11. Properties of Stock Options
12. Trading Strategies Involving Options
13. Binomial Trees
14. Wiener Processes and Ito’s Lemma
15. The Black-Scholes-Merton Model
16. Employee Stock Options
17. Options on Stock Indices and Currencies
18. Options on Futures
19. Greek Letters
20. Volatility Smiles
21. Basic Numerical Procedures
22. Value at Risk
23. Estimating Volatilities and Correlations for Risk Management
24. Credit Risk
25. Credit Derivatives
26. Exotic Options
27. More on Models and Numerical Procedures
28. Martingales and Measures
29. Interest Rate Derivatives: The Standard Market Models
30. Convexity, Timing and Quanto Adjustments
31. Interest Rate Derivatives: Models of the Short Rate
32. HJM, LMM, and Multiple Zero Curves
33. Swaps Revisited
34. Energy and Commodity Derivatives
35. Real Options
36. Derivatives Mishaps and What We Can Learn from Them
Glossary of Terms
Major Exchanges Trading Futures and Options
Table for N(x) when x≤ 0
Table for N(x) when x≥0