Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
The Practical, Authoritative, 360-Degree Technical Guide to Oracle Exadata: From Setup to Administration, Optimization, Tuning, and Troubleshooting
The blazingly fast Oracle Exadata Database Machine is being embraced by thousands of large-scale users worldwide: by governments, the military, enterprise organizations, cloud service providers, and anyone who needs extreme performance. Now, Oracle Exadata Expert’s Handbook provides authoritative guidance to running Oracle Exadata with maximum reliability, effectiveness, performance, and efficiency.
Six renowned Oracle technology experts have brought together core technical information, experience, best practices, and insider tips in a concise reference. Covering both 11g and 12c versions of Oracle Exadata software, they deliver hands-on coverage of best practices, setup, migration, monitoring, administration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. Whether you’re an Oracle Exadata DBA, DMA, architect, or manager, you need these insights.
Charles Kim, Oracle ACE director, Oracle certified DBA, Certified RAC expert, and VMware vExpert, is co-founder and president of Viscosity North America. He specializes in Exadata, RAC, and virtualization.
Nitin Vengurlekar, co-founder/CTO of Viscosity North America, is a seasoned systems architect specializing in highly available Oracle systems. He spent seventeen years at Oracle, primarily in RAC engineering.
Sridhar Avantsa, associate practice director at ROLTA Solutions/Americas and EMEA. He was formerly senior DBA/database engineer at Amazon.com.
Guy Harrison, a world-renowned database expert, is executive director of R&D at Dell Quest Software. There, he leads development for the Toad family of database and BI tools.
Syed Jaffar Hussain, DB architect at Alinma Bank, is an Oracle certified master (10g); Oracle ACE director; Oracle RAC certified expert; and OCP v8i, v9i, v10g and v11g DBA. He has spent a decade consulting on Oracle with international clients and was Oracle Magazine’s 2011 DBA of the year.
Part I: Introduction, Overview and Features Synopsis
1. Exadata: 360 Degrees - Synopsis/Overview
2. Exadata Compute Nodes: RAC in Disguise
3. Exadata Storage Cells: The Secret Sauce
4. Exadata Flash Cache, Smart Scans and Cell Offload Processing: A Ground-Breaking Combination
5. Exadata Compression: HCC Demystified
Part II: Setup, Migration, Monitoring and Administration
6. Exadata Networking Management and Administration
7. Exadata Backup/Recovery and DR - RMAN and Data Guard in action
8. Managing, Monitoring and Administering Exadata with OEM12c
9. Immigration to Exadata: A Real Life Journey
Part III: Advanced Features, Performance Tuning and Database Clouds
10. Exadata and ZFS Storage Appliance: A Match Made in Heaven
11. Exadata: Performance Tuning - Delivering the Promised Performance
12. Exadata: Consolidation within the Exadata Database Cloud
13. Exadata: Utilities and Tools