Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with Key Terms and Problems. Chapters 3, 7-11, 14-20, and 27 conclude with a Summary of Reactions`.)
I. AN INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY.
2. An Introduction to Organic Compounds: Nomenclature, Physical Properties, and Representation of Structure.
II. HYDROCARBONS, STEREOCHEMISTRY, AND RESONANCE.
4. Stereochemistry: The Arrangement of Atoms in Space; The Stereochemistry of Addition Reactions.
5. Reactions of Alkynes. Introduction to Multistep Synthesis.
6. Electron Delocalization and Resonance.
7. Reactions of Dienes.
8. Reactions of Alkanes: Radicals.
III. SUBSTITUTION AND ELIMINATION REACTIONS.
10. Reactions at an sp
11. Reactions at sp
IV. IDENTIFICATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS.
13. NMR Spectroscopy.
V. AROMATIC COMPOUNDS.
15. Reactions of Substituted Benzenes.
VI. CARBONYL COMPOUNDS.
17. Carbonyl Compounds II: Reactions of Carbonyl Compounds with Carbon and Hydrogen Nucleophiles; Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones with Oxygen and Nitrogen Nucleophiles; Reactions of
18. More about Oxidation-Reduction Reactions.
19. Carbonyl Compounds III: Reactions at the a-Carbon.
VII. BIOORGANIC COMPOUNDS.
21. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins.
23. The Organic Mechanisms of the Coenzymes. Metabolism.
25. Nucleosides, Nucleotides, and Nucleic Acids.
VIII. SPECIAL TOPICS IN ORGANIC CHEMISTRY.
27. Heterocyclic Compounds.
28. Pericyclic Reactions.
29. More about Multistep Organic Synthesis.
30. The Organic Chemistry of Drugs: Discovery and Design.