More New and Used
from Private Sellers
In Stock Usually Ships in 24 Hours.
Starting at $62.70
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 3rd edition with a publication date of 2/20/2013.
What is included with this book?
Outcome-Based MassageTM: Putting Evidence into Practice (3rd edition) goes beyond an update of the content of the second edition. In this book, Dr Andrade and a team of contributors who represent the fields of massage therapy, physical therapy, athletic training, education, psychology, medicine, and physiology take the student or practicing clinician to the next level of using Outcome-Based MassageTM in daily clinical practice. This edition enhances and builds upon the strengths of the first two editions as follows:
· Fully updated chapters provide a comprehensive approach to assessment, treatment design, and treatment delivery
· Streamlined presentation of theory and practice enhances the teaching and learning experience
· Quick Treatment Guides provide a colorful, immediate reference for anatomy, pathophysiology, impairments, and wellness goals for 16 musculoskeletal conditions
· New section on the scientific basis of soft-tissue examination provides students and practitioners with the very latest understanding of the emerging body of knowledge in this field
· Review sections in each chapter provide Takeaways that summarize key concepts, critical thinking questions, and clinical cases that illustrate the practical application of the concepts discussed in the chapter
· Precise, instructive photographs and videos give students and practitioners clear, direct guidance for using the techniques presented in this text
Table of Contents
Part I. Client Examination and Treatment Planning 1 Principles of Outcome-Based Massage 2 Interpersonal and Ethical Issues for Massage 3 Evidence for Massage 4 Interpersonal and Ethical Issues for Massage 5 Outcome-Based Massage Clinical Decision-Making Part II. Treatment and Discharge 6 Preparation and Positioning for Massage 7 Superficial Reflex Techniques 8 Superficial Fluid Techniques 9 Neuromuscular Techniques 10 Connective Tissue Techniques 11 Passive Movement Techniques 12 Percussive Techniques 13 Sequencing Massage Techniques 14 Applications of OBM to Medical Conditions and Wellness Issues Quick Treatment Guides for 16 common musculoskeletal conditions (4-color insert) Glossary Index