Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
Mike Wright is Professor of Entrepreneurship at Imperial College Business School and Visiting Professor at Erasmus University and University of Ghent. He is Director of the Centre for Management Buy-out Research, which he founded in 1986. He was conferred with the Award of Academician of the Academy of Social Sciences in March 2011. He has published 50 authored/edited books and over 300 academic papers on corporate governance, academic entrepreneurship and technology transfer, venture capital, private equity, and related topics in leading international journals. He is currently an editor of Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal. His latest books include Private Equity Demystified (with John Gilligan, 3rd edition, 2012) and Entrepreneurship: Perspectives & Cases (with Paul Westhead, 2011). He was ranked #1 worldwide for publications in academic entrepreneurship 1981-2005 and for entrepreneurship 1995-2006.
Donald S. Siegel is Dean of the School of Business and Professor of Management at the University at Albany, SUNY. He received his bachelor's degree in economics and his master's and doctoral degrees in business economics from Columbia University. Dr. Siegel is editor of Academy of Management Perspectives and the Journal of Technology Transfer, an associate editor of the Journal of Productivity Analysis, and serves on the editorial boards of Academy of Management Learning & Education, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Business Venturing, Corporate Governance: An International Review, and Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal. He has also co-edited 31 special issues of leading journals in economics, management, and finance, and published 6 books, including most recently Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Technological Change and the Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility (both Oxford University Press).
Kevin Keasey is Head of the Accounting and Finance Department and Director of the International Institute of Banking and Financial Services, the University of Leeds. He is the author of 11 books, monographs, and edited volumes on corporate governance, financial regulation, financial services, and financial markets, and is the author of over 115 refereed articles in leading international journals and over 80 other publications (such as book chapters, reports).
Igor Filatotchev is Associate Dean and Professor of Corporate Governance and Strategy at Cass Business School, City University London, and Director of Centre for Research on Corporate Governance at Cass. He has published more than one hundred refereed academic papers, in addition to numerous books and book chapters, in the fields of corporate governance and strategy including publications in leading academic journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Perspectives, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies, Organization Science, California Management Review, and Journal of Management. He is an Associate Editor in Corporate Governance International Review and Journal of Management and Governance. His most recent book is Corporate Governance and the Business Life-cycle (Edward Elgar, 2010).
Table of Contents
1. Introduction, Mike Wright, Donald S. Siegel, Kevin Keasey and Igor Filatotchev
2. Regulation and Comparative Corporate Governance, Ruth Aguilera, Michel Goyer and Luiz Ricardo Kabbach de Castro
3. The History of Corporate Governance, Brian R. Cheffins
4. Capital Markets and Financial Politics: Preferences and Institutions, Mark J. Roe
5. An International Corporate Governance Index, Marina Martynova and Luc Renneboog
6. Boards and Governance, Annie Pye
7. Process Matters: Understanding Board Behavior and Effectiveness, Terry McNulty
8. Board Committees, Philip Stiles
9. The Governance of Director Networks, Luc Renneboog and Yang Zhao
10. Executive Compensation and Corporate Governance: What Do We "Know" and Where Are We Going?, Pamela Brandes and Palash Deb
11. Corporate Governance: Ownership Interests, Incentives, and Conflicts, David S. Boss, Brian L. Connelly, Robert E. Hoskisson and Laszlo Tihanyi
12. Financial Leverage and Corporate Governance, Robert Watson
13. Financial Reporting, Disclosure and Corporate Governance, Christof Beuselinck, Marc E. Deloof and Sophie Manigart
14. Auditing and Corporate Governance, Andrea Mennicken and Michael Power
15. The Market for Corporate Control, Charlie Weir
16. The Life-cycle of Corporate Governance, Steve Toms
17. Corporate Governance in High Tech Firms, Fabio Bertoni, Massimo G. Colombo and Annalisa Croce
18. Family Businesses and Corporate Governance, Lorraine Uhlaner
19. Corporate Governance in IPOs, Igor Filatotchev and Debbie Allcock
20. Corporate Governance, Multinational Firms, and Internationalization, Nai H. Wu and Laszlo Tihanyi,
21. Corporate Governance in Business Groups, Daphne Yiu, Xing Chen and Yuehua Xu
22. Governance in Financial Distress and Bankruptcy, Kenneth M. Ayotte, Edith S. Hotchkiss, and Karin S. Thorburn
23. Venture Capital and Corporate Governance, Douglas Cumming and Sofia Johan
24. Private Equity, Leveraged Buyouts and Corporate Governance, Mike Wright, Donald S. Siegel, Miguel Meuleman, and Kevin Amess
25. Hedge Fund Activism and Corporate Governance, Na Dai
26. The Financial Role of Sovereign Wealth Funds, Veljko Fotak, Jie Gao and William L. Megginson
27. Corporate Governance and Nonprofits: Facing up to Hybridization and Homogenization, Jenny Harrow and Susan D. Phillips
28. Corporate Governance and Labor, Andrew Pendleton and Howard Gospel
29. Corporate Governance and Principal-Principal Conflicts, Mike W. Peng and Steve Sauerwald
30. Multiple Agency Theory: An Emerging Perspective, Robert E. Hoskisson, Jonathan D. Arthurs, Robert E.White and Chelsea Wyatt
31. An Age of Corporate Governance Failure?: Financialization and its Limits, Geoffrey Wood and Mike Wright
32. Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility, Stephen J. Brammer and Stephen Pavelin