Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Morgen Witzel is a well-known writer and lecturer on management, and one of the world's leading management historians. He is the author of eighteen books on management history, which have been translated into nine languages, and an extensive number of articles, essays, and reviews for various publications. He is currently a Fellow of the Centre for Leadership Studies at the University of Exeter Business School.
Malcolm Warner has published over fifty books on management, either as author or editor, a number of which have been translated, as well as many journal articles, essays, and reviews on the subject. He has been Editor-in-Chief of the International Encyclopedia of Business and Management (IEBM): Vols.1-8 (London: Thomson Learning, 2nd edition, 2002) and is Co-Editor of the Asia Pacific Business Review. Currently, he is Professor and Fellow Emeritus at Wolfson College, Cambridge, and the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction, Morgen Witzel and Malcolm Warner
PART I PIONEERS
2. Frederick Winslow Taylor, Robert F. Conti
3. Mind, Method, and Motion: Frank and Lillian Gilbreth, Bernard Mees
4. Henri Fayol, Jean-Louis Peaucelle and Cameron Guthrie
5. Mary Parker Follett, John Child
6. George Elton Mayo, Kyle Bruce
7. Lyndall Urwick, Andrew Thomson and John Wilson
8. Chester Barnard and the Systems Approach to Nurturing Organizations, Joseph T. Mahoney and Andrea Gabor
PART II POST-WAR THEORISTS
9. The Tavistock Group, Frances Abraham
10. Deeply Engaged, Intuitively Analytical, and Determinedly Applied: Tom Burns and Joan Woodward in Context but Not in Concert, Sandra Dawson
11. W. Edwards Deming, Milan Zeleny
12. The Life and Diverse Contributions of Dr J. M. Juran, Mohammed Zairi
13. Edith Penrose's Contribution to Economic and Management Scholarship, Christos Pitelis
14. Peter F. Drucker (Peter Georg Ferdinand Drucker), Peter Starbuck
15. Herbert Alexander Simon: Philosopher of the Organizational Life-World, J.C. Spender
PART III BUSINESS SCHOOL THEORISTS
16. Alfred Chandler's Managerial Revolution: Developing and Utilizing Productive Resources, William Lazonick
17. The Aston Studies: A Journey towards a Science of Administration?, Ray Loveridge
18. James March, Richard Cyert, and the Evolving Field of Organizations, Mie Augier
19. Geert Hofstede, Monir Tayeb
20. John Paul Kotter, Karl Moore and Alexandra Klein
21. Henry Mintzberg, Morgen Witzel
22. The Competitive Advantage of Michael Porter, John Mathews
23. Ikujiro Nonaka, Robert Pitkethly
24. Sumantra Ghoshal, Susan Segal-Horn
25. C. K. Prahalad, Peter Williamson and Keeley Wilson