More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 11/15/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Craig Callender is Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author of Physics Meets Philosophy at the Planck Scale (2001), Time, Reality and Experience (2002) and Introducing Time (2010).
Table of Contents
Introduction, Craig Callender
I: TIME AND METAPHYSICS
1. Persistence, Yuri Balashov
2. Fatalism and the Future, Craig Bourne
3. Time and Chance Propensities, Carl Hoefer
4. Tense and Modality, Ulrich Meyer
5. Presentism, M. Joshua Mozersky
6. The Possibility of Discrete Time, Jean Paul Van Bendegem
7. Presentism and the Space-Time Manifold, Dean Zimmerman
II: THE DIRECTION OF TIME
8. The Asymmetry of Influence, Douglas Kutach
9. The Flow of Time, Huw Price
10. Time in Thermodynamics, Jill North
III: TIME, ETHICS, AND EXPERIENCE
11. Prospects for Temporal Neutrality, David O. Brink
12. Time, Passage, and Immediate Experience, Barry Dainton
13. Time in Action, Shaun Gallagher
14. Time in Cognitive Development, Christoph Hoerl and Teresa McCormack
15. Temporal Experience, Jenann Ismael
IV: TIME IN CLASSICAL AND RELATIVISTIC PHYSICS
16. Sharpening the Electromagnetic Arrow(s) of Time, John Earman
17. Time, Topology, and the Twin Paradox, Jean-Pierre Luminet
18. Time in the Special Theory of Relativity, Steven Savitt
19. Time in Classical Dynamics, Lawrence Sklar
20. Time Travel and Time Machines, Chris Smeenk and Christian Wuthrich
V: TIME IN A QUANTUM WORLD
21. The CPT Theorem, Frank Arntzenius
22. Time in Quantum Mechanics, Jan Hilgevoord and David Atkinson
23. Time in Quantum Gravity, Claus Kiefer