Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Nicholas Adams is Senior Lecturer in Theology and Ethics, University of Edinburgh.
George Pattison is Lady Margaret Professor of Divinity, University of Oxford.
Graham Ward is Regius Professor of Divinity, University of Oxford.
Table of Contents
Part I: Identity
1. The Self and the Good life, Clare Carlisle
2. Community (1) The Nation, Stephen Backhouse
3. Community (2): The City, Graham Ward
4. The Other, Pamela Anderson
5. Language, Steven Shakespeare
6. Freedom, Daphne Hampson
Part II: The Human Condition
7. Work and Labour, John Hughes
8. Suffering, Paul Fiddes
9. Death, George Pattison
10. Evil, Jennifer Geddes
11. Love, Werner Jeanrond
Part III: The Age of Revolution
12. Sovereignty, Luke Bretherton
13. Tradition, Tracey Rowland
14. Messianism, Judith Wolfe
15. Nihilism, Conor Cunningham
16. Sacrifice, Douglas Hedley
17. War and Peace, Stanley Hauerwas
Part IV: The World
18. Nature, Gordon Graham
19. The Sublime and the Beautiful, Ross Wilson
20. Time and History, Arne Gron
21. Technology, David Lewin
Part V: Ways of Knowing
22. Wissenschaft, Johannes Zachhuber
23. Hermeneutics, Jim Fodor
24. Phenomenology, Merold Westphal
25. The Metaphysics of Modernity, William Desmond
Part VI: Theology
26. The Bible, Nicholas Adams
27. Incarnation, David Law
28. Sacramentality, David Brown
29. Atonement, Simeon Zahl
30. Eschatology/ providence, David Fergusson
Afterword, Christoph Schwobel