Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Leslie Green has visited and taught at Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto, Berkeley, Columbia, NYU, Chicago and the University of Texas at Austin. He is now Professor of the Philosophy of Law and Pauline and Max Gordon Fellow at Balliol College, Oxford. His research interests include jurisprudence, moral and political philosophy and constitutional theory.
Brian Leiter is John P. Wilson Professor of Law and Director of the Center for Law, Philosophy & Human Values at the University of Chicago. He is the author of Naturalizing Jurisprudence: Essays on American Legal Realism and Naturalism in Legal Philosophy (Oxford, 2007) and was for nearly eight years an editor of the journal Legal Theory.
Table of Contents
1. Political Authority and Political Obligation, Stephen Perry
2. How to Hold the Social Fact Thesis: A Reply to Greenberg and Toh, Barbara Levenbook
3. John Austin on Punishment, Matthew Kramer
4. Publicity and the Rule of Law, Bruno Celano
5. Hart and Kelsen on International Law, Michael Giudice
6. Relational Reasons and the Criminal Law, R. A. Duff
7. Fairness and the Justifying Aim of Punishment, C. L. Ten
8. The Embedding Social Context of Promises and Contracts, Hanoch Sheinman
9. Legal Sex, Luis Duarte d'Almeida