Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Paralegal Profession
1. The Definition and Role of a Paralegal
2. Paralegal Careers and Career Preparation
Part II: An Introduction to The American Legal System
3. Sources of American Law and the Civil and Criminal Law System
4. The Court Systems, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Part III: Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Paralegals
5. The Regulation of Paralegals and an Introduction to Legal Ethics
6. The "Big Three" Legal Ethics Areas
7. Other Legal Ethics Rules for Paralegals
Part IV: Paralegal Skills
8. Skills for Workplace Success
9. Conducting Legal Research and Briefing Court Cases
10. Legal Writing
11. Interviewing, Investigating, and Negotiation
Part V: Legal Specialty Areas for Paralegals
12. Business-Related Legal Specialty Areas
13. Other Legal Specialty Areas