Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
PEARSON REVIEWS & RATIONALES: MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING WITH "NURSING REVIEWS & RATIONALES", 3/e provides a clear, concentrated, and up-to-date review of today's "need to know" knowledge for understanding medical-surgical nursing. Developed by Mary Ann Hogan, RN and reviewed by a large team of nurse educators, this program can be used by current nursing students as a course study aid, for NCLEX-RN® exam preparation, or by practicing nurses seeking comprehensive yet concise review of this discipline. Fully reflective of the current (2010) NCLEX-RN® Test Plan, it begins by introducing the basics of the medical-surgical nursing process, physical assessment, and common tests. Next, it provides complete chapters on each of these sets of disorders: respiratory, cardiac, peripheral vascular, neurological, renal/urinary, hepatobiliary/pancreatic, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, integumentary, immunologic, cellular, endocrine/metabolic, hematologic, reproductive, and eye/ear. The text concludes with a full chapter on common problems encountered in emergency and critical care nursing, with solutions. It comes with a complete support package, including access to additional questions and the complete eText online, and a tear-out NursingNotes card for clinical reference and quick review.
of the American Nurses Association and Sigma Theta Tau, the International Honor Society for Nursing.
Table of Contents
1. Nursing Process, Physical Assessment, and Common Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
2. Respiratory Disorders
3. Cardiac Disorders
4. Peripheral Vascular Disorders
5. Neurological Disorders
6. Renal and Urinary Disorders
7. Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorders
8. Gastrointestinal Disorders
9. Musculoskeletal Disorders
10. Integumentary Disorders
11. Immunologic Disorders
12. Cellular Disorders (Oncology)
13. Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
14. Hematologic Disorders
15. Reproductive Disorders
16. Eye and Ear Disorders
17. Common Problems Encountered in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing