Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
With almost twice as many chapters, this new edition of Pediatric Retina now includes important information on the development of the eye and retina, basic/translational science of retinal diseases in infants and children, telemedicine using wide-angle imaging for diagnosis and longitudinal management of infants and children, as well as international approaches to care with focus on retinopathy of prematurity.
With its comprehensive coverage and the major advances in treatment, both the general ophthalmologist and the specialist will find this book to be a valuable resource in providing effective, state-of-the-art care for infants and children with pediatric retinal conditions.
• Includes an expanded atlas of retinal images, grouped by fundus appearance to aid the diagnosing clinician
• Provides best practices in diagnosis, medical and surgical management, as well as information on the genetic aspects of diseases
• Covers genotypes of numerous diseases previously uncharacterized
• Includes advances in posterior segment imaging with the spectral domain hand-held OCT, along with endoscope in vitreoretinal surgery
· Includes sections on retinal development related to ocular developmental and genetic diseases
• New sections on international ophthalmology and telemedicine
• Expanded chapters on gene therapy and retinal transplantation and prostheses