from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
While performance-based assessment has long been a staple of education, no book covers the relevant topics for middle and high school physical education as thoroughly as this new edition of Performance-Based Assessment for Middle and High School Physical Education. This updated edition reflects the current NASPE standards and includes new ancillary materials, more examples for educators, and a new chapter about assessing fitness.
This text will help you
- develop assessments and implement them into your curriculum, making the assessment process a natural part of instruction;
- provide feedback to students so they know what they have accomplished and what they still need to do; and
- use a variety of tools—including open-response questions, game play and modified game play, and progressive assessments—to measure student learning
The authors break down this complex subject into easily digestible pieces and show you how to develop assessments that will help you and your students work together to enhance the instructional process in physical education. The authors, who have over three decades of experience teaching and assessing in public schools, describe the various types of performance-based assessments and show how to implement the assessments, using numerous models as examples to be adapted to your own situations.
Not only will you learn how to develop and use assessments to help students, but you will also receive unit plans for team, individual, and dual sports that you can modify for use in your own classes. You’ll learn how to create rubrics, use portfolios in the assessment process, and integrate assessments into fitness education and physical education. You’ll also explore the challenges with traditional grading practices and find out how to overcome those challenges.
The authors provide a wealth of tools for assessing students according to local, state, and NASPE standards while helping students reach their goals. The text is supported by a Web site that includes a test package, a presentation package with PowerPoint slides, an instructor guide, and a CD-ROM that includes additional forms and assessments.
Performance-Based Assessment for Middle and High School Physical Education, Second Edition, will help you develop authentic assessments and get the most out of the assessment experience. And in doing so, it will help your students experience success.
Audience: Reference for middle and high school educators in developing and implementing physical activity programs. Text for education and physical education majors and for students in technology courses.