Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors
1. Amniotic Fluid Stem Cells
Sean Vincent Murphy and Anthony Atala
2. Cord Blood Transplants: Perinatal Stem Cells in Clinical Practice
Richard L. Haspel and Karen K. Ballen
3. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Development in the Placenta
Katrin E. Rhodes, Akanksha Chhabra and Hanna K.A. Mikkola
4. Perinatal Mesenchymal Stem Cell Banking for Umbilical Cord Blood Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine
Rouzbeh R. Taghizadeh
5. Making Organ and Stem Cell Transplantation Safer: The Role of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
6. Wharton?s Jelly Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Immune Modulation: Regenerative Medicine Meets Tissue Repair
Rita Anzalone, Felicia Farina, Melania Lo Iacono, Simona Corrao, Tiziana Corsello, Giovanni Zummo, and Giampiero La Rocca
7. Immungenicity Vs. Immunomodulation of Perinatal Stem Cells
Bram Lutton and Raimon Duran-Struuck
8. The Translational Potential of Perinatal Stem Cells in Clinical Medicine: Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Radbeh Torabi, Vincenzo Villani, Christopher A. Mallard, and Curtis L. Cetrulo, Jr.
9. Newborn Stem Cells ? Identity, Function and Clinical Potential
Anthony Park, Ann Chidgey, Sean Murphy, Ursula Manuelpillai and Richard Boyd
10. Biomedical Potential of Human Perinatal Stem Cells
Oleg V. Semenov and Christian Breymann
11. Progenitor Cell Therapy for the Treatment of the Traumatic Brain Injury
Alex Bryan Olsen, Robert A. Hetz, Supinder S. Bedi, and Charles S. Cox, Jr.
12. The Human Amniotic Membrane: A Tissue with Multifaceted Properties and Different Potential Clinical Applications
Maddalena Caruso, Antonietta Silini, and Ornella Parolini
13. Advances and Possibile Applications of Human Amnion for the Management of Liver Disease
Fabio Marongiu, Marc C. Hansel, Kristen J. Skvorak, Maria Paola Serra, Marcella Sini, Roberto Gramignoli, Ezio Laconi and Stephen C. Strom
14. Amnion-Derived Cells for Stroke Restorative Therapy
Loren E. Glover, Naoki Tajiri and Cesar V. Borlongan
15. Pregnancy-Acquired Fetal Progenitors as Natural Cell Therapy
Elke Seppanen, Nicholas Fisk, and Kiarash Khosrotehrani
16. Perinatal Stem Cells ? An Industry Perspective
Kyle J. Cetrulo
17. Patent Protection of Stem Cell Innovations: The Role of Patents in Commercialization
John R. Wetherell
18. Interview with Frances Verter ? Founder of Parent?s Guide to Cord Blood Foundation
Frances Verter and Kyle J. Cetrulo
19. Umbilical Cord Blood Banking: An Obstetricians Perspective
Jordan H. Perlow