Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping. Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $124.00
This personal finance book introduces readers to the concepts, tools, and applications of personal finance and investments. It builds on the 15 Axioms of Personal Finance, and helps individuals develop an intuitive understanding not only of the financial planning process, but also the logic that drives it. In order to leave a lasting impression, this book concentrates on the fundamentals and underlying principles of personal finance, rather than focusing on equations and specific tools which are more easily forgotten. Chapter coverage includes how to prepare for the financial future and highlights some of the important decisions to be faced. The book covers pertinent topics that relate to getting a job and turning that job into a successful career. It also provides easy to follow advice from an expert CPA that can be used as a learning tool in such areas as purchasing a car, getting insurance, investing in mutual funds, etc. For anyone looking for a guide to personal finance and financial planning.
Table of Contents
I. FINANCIAL PLANNING.
1. Financial Planning: The Ties That Bind. 2. Measuring Your Financial Health and Making a Plan. 3. Understanding the Time Value of Money. 4. Tax Planning and Strategies.
II. MANAGING YOUR MONEY.
5. Cash or Liquid Asset Management. 6. Using Credit Cards: The Role of Open Credit. 7. Using Consumer Loans: The Role of Planned Borrowing. 8. The Home and Automobile Decision.
III. PROTECTING YOURSELF.
9. Life and Health Insurance. 10. Property and Liability Insurance.
IV. MANAGING YOUR INVESTMENTS.
11. Investment Basics. 12. Securities Markets. 13. Investing in Stocks. 14. Investing in Bonds and Other Alternatives. 15. Mutual Funds: An Easy Way to Diversify. 16. Retirement Planning.
V. RETIREMENT AND ESTATE PLANNING.
17. Estate Planning: Saving Your Heirs Money and Headaches. 18. Your Financial Future Starts Now. Appendix A. Compound Sum of $1. Appendix B. Present Value of $1. Appendix C. Compound Sum of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods. Appendix D. Present Value of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods. Appendix E. Monthly Installment Loan Tables. Index.