This book introduces readers to the concepts, tools, and applications of personal finance and investments. In order to leave a lasting impression, it concentrates on the fundamentals and underlying principles of personal finance, rather than focusing on equations and specific tools which are more easily forgotten. Building on the 15 Axioms of Personal Finance, the book helps users develop an intuitive understanding not only of the process of financial planning, but also the logic that drives it.KEY TOPICS Chapter topics cover: understanding the time value of money, tax planning and strategies, cash or liquid asset management, using credit cards and consumer loans, the home and automobile decision, life and health insurance, property and liability insurance, investment basics, securities markets, and retirement and estate planning. For individuals interested in a lifetime of financial planning and security.
Table of Contents
I. FINANCIAL PLANNING.
1. Financial Planning: The Ties That Bind. 2. Measuring Your Financial Health and Making a Plan. 3. Understanding the Time Value of Money. 4. Tax Planning and Strategies.
II. MANAGING YOUR MONEY.
5. Cash or Liquid Asset Management. 6. Using Credit Cards: The Role of Open Credit. 7. Using Consumer Loans: The Role of Planned Borrowing. 8. The Home and Automobile Decision.
III. PROTECTING YOURSELF.
9. Life and Health Insurance. 10. Property and Liability Insurance.
IV. MANAGING YOUR INVESTMENTS.
11. Investment Basics. 12. Securities Markets. 13. Investing in Stocks. 14. Investing in Bonds and Other Alternatives. 15. Mutual Funds: An Easy Way to Diversify.
V. LIFE CHANGES.
16. Retirement Planning. 17. Estate Planning: Saving Your Heirs Money and Headaches. 18. Fitting the Pieces Together. Appendix A. Compound Sum of $1. Appendix B. Present Value of $1. Appendix C. Compound Sum of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods. Appendix D. Present Value of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods. Appendix E. Monthly Installment Loan Tables. Index.