Organizing content into six domains of personality functioning (dispositional, biological, intrapsychic, cognitive/experiential, social and cultural, and adjustment), this text interweaves contemporary research with classic and modern theories within the context of each of the domains. This unique framework encourages students to view the "whole person" as the sum of influences and effects of each of the domains of personality functioning. The second edition includes the latest research, as well as a restructuring of material, and continues to bring the subject to life by incorporating a vivid, four-color design.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Personality Psychology
2. Personality Assessment, Measurement, and Research Design
Part I The Dispositional Domain
3. Traits and Trait Taxonomies
4. Theoretical and Measurement Issues in Trait Psychology
5. Personality Dispositions over Time: Stability, Change, and Coherence