Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Introduction Scope of Pharmaceutical Calculations
- 1 Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Calculations
- 2 International System of Units
- 3 Pharmaceutical Measurement
- 4 Interpretation of Prescriptions and Medication Orders
- 5 Density, Specific Gravity, and Specific Volume
- 6 Percentage, Ratio Strength, and Other Expressions of Concentration
- 7 Calculation of Doses: General Considerations
- 8 Calculation of Doses: Patient Parameters
- 9 Some Calculations Involving "Units," "g/mg," and Other Measures of Potency
- 10 Selected Clinical Calculations
- 11 Isotonic and Buffer Solutions
- 12 Electrolyte Solutions: Milliequivalents, Millimoles, and Milliosmoles
- 13 Intravenous Infusions, Parenteral Admixtures, and Rate-of-Flow Calculations
- 14 Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition, Body Mass Index, and the Food Nutrition Label
- 15 Dilution, Concentration, and Alligation
- 16 Reducing and Enlarging Formulas
- 17 Selected Calculations in Contemporary Compounding
- 18 Selected Calculations Involving Veterinary Pharmaceuticals
- 19 Selected Calculations Associated with Plant Extractives
- 20 Calculation of Active Drug Moiety
- 21 Selected Calculations Involving Radiopharmaceuticals
- 22 Selected Bioavailability and Pharmacokinetic Calculations
- 23 Selected Pharmacoeconomic Calculations
Appendix A Common Systems of Measurement and Intersystem Conversion
Appendix B Graphical Methods
Appendix C Basic Statistical Appendix D Glossary of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery Systems Index
Appendix D Glossary of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery Systems