Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
More than 150 cases help develop the skills you need to identify and resolve the most common drug therapy problems
The perfect study companion to DiPiro's Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach More than 40 all-new cases!
Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach delivers 157 patient cases designed to teach you how to apply the principles of pharmacotherapy to real-world clinical practice. The case chapters in this book are organized into organ system sections that correspond to those of the DiPiro textbook. By reading the relevant chapters in Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach you will be able to familiarize yourself with the pathophysiology and pharmacology of each disease state included in this casebook.
Each case teaches you how to:
- Identify real or potential drug therapy problems
- Determine the desired therapeutic outcome
- Evaluate therapeutic alternatives
- Design an optimal individualized pharmacotherapeutic plan
- Develop methods to evaluate the therapeutic outcome
- Provide patient education
- Communicate and implement the pharmacotherapeutic plan
Everything you need to develop expertise in pharmacotherapy decision making:
- Realistic patient presentations include medical history, physical examination, and laboratory data, followed by a series of questions using a systematic, problem-solving approach
- Compelling range of cases – from the uncomplicated (a single disease state) to the complex (multiple disease states and drug-related problems)
- Diverse authorship from more than 190 clinicians from nearly 100 institutions Coverage that integrates the biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences with therapeutics
- Appendices containing valuable information on pharmacy abbreviations, laboratory tests, mathematical conversion factors, anthropometrics, and complementary and alternative therapies