Photographic Theory: An Historical Anthology presents a compendium of readings spanning ancient times to the digital age that are related to the history, nature, and current status of debates in photographic theory.
- Offers an authoritative and academically up-to-date compendium of the history of photographic theory
- Represents the only collection to include ancient, Renaissance, and 19th-, 20th-, and 21st-century writings related to the subject
- Stresses the drama of historical and contemporary debates within theoretical circles
- Features comprehensive coverage of recent trends in digital photography
- Fills a much-needed gap in the existing literature