Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Elegant, engaging, exacting, and concise, Giancoli’s Physics: Principles with Applications with MasteringPhysics ®, Seventh Edition, helps you view the world through eyes that know physics.
Giancoli’s text is a trusted classic, known for its elegant writing, clear presentation, and quality of content. Starting with concrete observations and experiences students can relate to, the text then moves on to the great generalizations of physics. This approach demonstrates why we believe what we believe and reflects the way science is practiced.
Written with the goal of giving you a thorough understanding of all of the basic concepts of physics, the text uses interesting applications to biology, medicine, architecture, and digital technology to show you how useful physics is to your everyday life and in your future profession.
0321625919 / 9780321625915 Physics: Principles With Applications Plus MasteringPhysics with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321625927 / 9780321625922 Physics: Principles with Applications 7/e
0321909771 / 9780321909770 MasteringPhysics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Physics: Principles with Applications
He has taught a wide range of undergraduate courses, traditional as well as innovative ones, and continues to update his textbooks meticulously, seeking ways to better provide an understanding of physics for students.
Doug’s favorite spare-time activity is the outdoors, especially climbing peaks. He says climbing peaks is like learning physics: it takes effort and the rewards are great.
Table of Contents
- Introduction, Measurement, Estimating
- Describing Motion: Kinematics in One Dimension
- Kinematics in Two Dimensions; Vectors
- Dynamics: Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Circular Motion; Gravitation
- Work and Energy
- Linear Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Static Equilibrium; Elasticity and Fracture
- Oscillations and Waves
- Temperature and Kinetic Theory
- The Laws of Thermodynamics
- Electric Charge and Electric Field
- Electric Potential
- Electric Currents
- DC Circuits
- Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday’s Law
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Light: Geometric Optics
- The Wave Nature of Light
- Optical Instruments
- The Special Theory of Relativity
- Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom
- Quantum Mechanics of Atoms
- Molecules and Solids
- Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity
- Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation
- Elementary Particles
- Astrophysics and Cosmology