Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Physics for Scientists and Engineers A Strategic Approach with Modern Physicsby Knight, Randall D.
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Concepts of Motion
2. Kinematics in One Dimension
3. Vectors and Coordinate Systems
4. Kinematics in Two Dimensions
5. Force and Motion
6. Dynamics I: Motion Along a Line
7. Newton's Third Law
8. Dynamics II: Motion in a Plane
Part II. Conservation Laws
9. Impulse and Momentum
Part III. Applications of Newtonian Mechanics
12. Rotation of a Rigid Body
13. Newton’s Theory of Gravity
15. Fluids and Elasticity
Part IV. Thermodynamics
16. A Macroscopic Description of Matter
17. Work, Heat, and the First Law of Thermodynamics
18. The Micro/Macro Connection
19. Heat Engines and Refrigerators
Part V. Waves and Optics
20. Traveling Waves
22. Wave Optics
23. Ray Optics
24. Optical Instruments
Part VI. Electricity and Magnetism
25. Electric Charges and Forces
26. The Electric Field
27. Gauss’s Law
28. The Electric Potential
29. Potential and Field
30. Current and Resistance
31. Fundamentals of Circuits
32. The Magnetic Field
33. Electromagnetic Induction
34. Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
35. AC Circuits
Part VII. Relativity and Quantum Physics
37. The Foundations of Modern Physics
39. Wave Functions and Uncertainty
40. One-Dimensional Quantum Mechanics
41. Atomic Physics
42. Nuclear Physics