Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Walker’s goal is to help you make the connection between a conceptual understanding of physics and the various skills necessary to solve quantitative problems. The pedagogy and approach are based on over 20 years of teaching and reflect the results of physics education research. Already one of the best-selling textbooks in algebra-based physics, The Fourth Edition strengthens both the conceptual foundations and the tools for problem solving to make the book even better suited to today's students.
Physics, Fourth Edition Technology Update, is accompanied by a significantly more robust MasteringPhysics® –the most advanced, educationally effective, and widely used online physics tutorial and homework system in the world. Additionally, QR codesappear throughout the textbook, enabling you to use your smartphone or tablet to instantly watch interactive videos about relevant demonstrations or problem-solving strategies.
032190303X / 9780321903037 Physics Technology Update Plus MasteringPhysics with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321570111 / 9780321570116 MasteringPhysics with Pearson eText Student Access Kit (ME component
0321903080 / 9780321903082 Physics Technology Update
Jim Walker holds a PhD in theoretical physics from the University of Washington and currently teaches at Western Washington University. He served as a post-doc at the University of Pennsylvania, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of San Diego. In recognition of his contributions to the teaching of physics, Jim was named the Boeing Distinguished Professor of Science and Mathematics Education for 2001-2003.
Table of Contents
19. Electric Charges, Forces, and Fields
20. Electric Potential and Electric Potential Energy
21. Electric Current and Direct-Current Circuits
23. Magnetic Flux and Faraday’s Law of Induction
24. Alternating-Current Circuits
IV. LIGHT AND OPTICS
25. Electromagnetic Waves
26. Geometrical Optics
27. Optical Instruments
28. Physical Optics: Interference and Diffraction
V. MODERN PHYSICS
30. Quantum Physics
31. Atomic Physics
32. Nuclear Physics and Nuclear Radiation