Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
For courses in meeting, event, and convention planning.
Current, concise, and insightful—a modern guide to planning successful events
Planning and Management of Meetings, Events, Expositions and Conventions, 1e is the first text of its kind to focus on planning (in addition to event management), and incorporates the Meeting and Business Events Competency Standards (MBECS). It is the most up-to-date book on planning and management in the meetings, expositions, events, and conventions (MEEC) industry and covers a wide range of topics dealing with these two crucial functions. The text follows a practical, hands-on approach and is an excellent resource for college courses, employee training, and professional reference. Developed as a collaborative work, the text features contributions from some of the best and most notable practitioners and educators in the field.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides:
- Preparation for careers in event planning: The text follows a practical, career-focused approach.
- Professional insight: Chaptersinclude advice and best practices from numerous industry insiders.
- Effective review tools: Learning and review tools facilitate understanding and promote skill mastery.
Table of Contents
2 Strategic Planning in Meetings, Expositions, Events and Conventions
3 Meetings and Events as Complex Projects
4 Risk Management for Meetings, Expositions, Events and Conventions
5 Stakeholder Management
6 Accounting and Financial Planning
7 Event Program Planning
8 Planning and Designing the Environment
9 Site Planning
10 Food and Beverage Planning
12 Promotions Planning
13 Sales Initiatives in the Meetings and Events Industry